How To Get Hitched In Vegas

Are you planning to get married in fabulous Las Vegas? If so, people will probably be asking you loads of questions, that perhaps you are not sure on how to answer! There are many myths about getting married in Vegas – is it legal in the UK or only in USA? How do you actually do it and where should you get married? In Vegas you must be 18 to get married independently. If you’re 16 or 17 you can get married if a parent or guardian gives consent.

First things first, your passport is your legal document until it expires. So don’t worry about travelling out as a Miss and returning as a Mrs! You don’t need to change your passport name until it runs out, just make sure your tickets say your maiden name.

Deidra Wilson Photography

If you are not a US resident all you need to get legally married is a marriage licence from the Bureau, which will make your marriage totally legal across the world! To make the process easier and quicker, booking your chapel before hand will save time and avoid you queuing up. You can go and pay for your marriage licence as soon as you arrive in Las Vegas then get married when you like! Your marriage will be legal back home in the UK, when you get married in Vegas you will be given a marriage certificate which is proof you are married. However you won’t be able to send this out to change your name on documents, so as soon as you get home, pay for a marriage certificate online or order one when you’re out there. This is then sent to you back at home and can take a couple of weeks, so don’t panic. When you receive the real thing, this can then be used to change your name for bills and legal documents.

When you arrive into Vegas or sometime before your wedding, go to the Marriage Bureau of Las Vegas at 201 E. Clark Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89101. It’s really easy to find and everyone nearby knows where it is! Please take your passport for identification and take another form of identification just incase. You can even fill in an application form online to save you filling this in when you get there. The office is open from 8am to midnight 365 days of the year and a license costs $77. If you are divorced, you will need to know the exact date and city of the divorce.

The licence is valid for 60 days and as soon as you have it in your hand you can get hitched!

Deidra Wilson Photography

We suggest you do your research and book your chapel before you leave the UK. Of course it’s entirely up to you though! If you’d rather be spontaneous and pick a chapel at random then go for it. There are so many chapels to choose from so it can be quite overwhelming. The whole wedding will take up to 20 minutes. Dan (my husband) and I chose the famous Little White Chapel’s tunnel of love in March. It was so romantic, colourful and unique. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the photos online and we were set on that chapel. It’s good to research the chapels before hand as they are all quite different.

If you’re looking for something different then check out Flora Pop. The amazing thing is you are able to marry ANYWHERE in the USA. On a street, in the desert, the neon graveyard, the list is truly endless! Flora Pop has been redefining what it means to elope since 2014 and they’re incredibly proud to be the first traveling pop-up wedding company in the U.S!

Use your imagination and think outside of the box, in Vegas anything is possible! Good luck and let us know if you’re planning a Vegas wedding.

Deidra Wilson Photography

Share this Post!

About the Author : My One Wedding

0 Comment

Leave a Comment